Anna Maria Island is a beautiful barrier island located on the west coast of Florida, known for its pristine beaches, stunning sunsets, and laid-back atmosphere. Here are the top 10 Anna Maria Island things to do:
- Visit the Beaches: Anna Maria Island boasts some of the most gorgeous beaches in Florida. From the powdery white sands of Coquina Beach to the secluded Bean Point Beach, spend your days relaxing, swimming, and soaking up the sun.
- Explore the Anna Maria City Pier: The historic Anna Maria City Pier offers picturesque views of the Gulf of Mexico. Take a leisurely stroll along the pier, go fishing, or enjoy a delicious meal at the waterfront restaurant.
- Rent a Bike or Golf Cart: With its small size and flat terrain, Anna Maria Island is perfect for exploring on two wheels. Rent a bike or a golf cart and cruise around the island, taking in the scenic views and charming neighborhoods.
- Discover the Anna Maria Island Historical Museum: Learn about the island’s rich history and heritage at the Anna Maria Island Historical Museum. The museum showcases artifacts, photographs, and exhibits that offer a glimpse into the island’s past.
- Take a Dolphin Tour: Embark on a dolphin-watching tour to see these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Boat tours are available, allowing you to witness playful dolphins swimming alongside the vessel.
- Indulge in Water Sports: Anna Maria Island offers a range of water sports activities. Try your hand at kayaking, paddleboarding, jet skiing, or parasailing. These activities provide an exciting way to explore the island’s surrounding waters.
- Visit the Island’s Parks: The island is home to several beautiful parks. Bayfront Park offers stunning views, picnic areas, and a playground, while Coquina Baywalk provides a serene setting for nature walks and birdwatching.
- Enjoy Fresh Seafood: Being an island, it is renowned for its fresh seafood. Visit one of the island’s many seafood restaurants to savor delicious dishes like grouper, shrimp, and oysters, often caught locally.
- Shop at Pine Avenue: Take a leisurely stroll down Pine Avenue, the island’s main street, lined with unique boutiques, art galleries, and charming shops. It’s a great place to find souvenirs or browse for local treasures.
- Watch a Breathtaking Sunset: The island is famous for its spectacular sunsets. Head to one of the beachfront spots, such as Manatee Public Beach or Bean Point Beach, and witness the sky ablaze with vibrant colors as the sun dips below the horizon.
These activities showcase the essence of the island, offering a mix of natural beauty, outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, and relaxation. Whether you’re a nature lover, history enthusiast, or simply seeking a peaceful beach getaway, Anna Maria Island has something to offer.
In addition to these things to do, you can take short drive to Emerson Point Preserve and enjoy a Desoto Kayak Tour. Explore the exotic mangrove tunnels, the sandbar, and native wildlife such as manatees, dolphins, birds and more.