You’ve booked your kayak tour at beautiful Emerson Point Preserve, and now you’re probably wondering what you should wear, and what to bring with you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are some kayaking tips.
- Always bring a hat. Wearing a hat can help protect your head, eyes and face from getting sun burned. Wearing a hat can also help make some of the sea life we encounter easier to see without the sun glaring in your eyes.
- Sunglasses, especially ones with polarized lenses will make it easier for you to see in the water. They’ll also protect your eyes from the sun as well as the glares off the water.
- Bring sunblock and chap stick. It doesn’t matter if it’s hot or even sunny, the sun is strong, and you want to protect yourself from getting sunburned.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting wet. You will be stepping in the water to hop into your kayak, and who knows, you might even want to jump out onto the sandy beach area too.
- Bring water. You want to keep yourself hydrated.
- There are so many different types of sea life we can encounter, you’ll be sure to want to snap a photo of your adventures. Either just use your cell phone, or bring a camera. We can’t guarantee that they won’t get wet, so it’s up to your discretion.
- Bring a snack that’s easy to eat.
- Wear shoes that you don’t mind getting wet; either sandals or water shoes are perfect.
- Most importantly, bring your sense of adventure!
At Desoto Kayak Tours, we provide stable kayaks, clean and comfortable life vests, as well as expert local guides who love what they do! Bring whatever will make your kayak tour most comfortable and enjoyable for you. The beautiful scenery and these kayaking tips will create memories to last a life time. To find out more, and to schedule your kayak tour click here.