The Palmetto, FL area offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. Located along the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida, Palmetto provides a mix of outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, and opportunities to relax by the water. Here are some Palmetto area things to do:
- Emerson Point Preserve: Explore this scenic nature preserve with hiking trails, historical sites, and beautiful views of Tampa Bay. It’s a fantastic spot for birdwatching, picnicking, and enjoying the Florida wilderness. See manatees, dolphins, birds and other wildlife on a kayak tour or on your own with a kayak rental provided by Desoto Kayak Tours.
- Manatee Viewing Center: Head to the nearby Apollo Beach to observe manatees in their natural habitat. The center offers educational exhibits and a boardwalk for excellent viewing opportunities, especially during the winter months.
- Palmetto Historical Park: Discover the history of Palmetto through well-preserved historical buildings, including a one-room schoolhouse, a cottage, and a general store. It’s a great place to learn about the area’s heritage.
- Sutton Park: Enjoy a leisurely stroll in this charming park featuring a playground, picnic areas, and a fishing pier. It’s a lovely place to relax and enjoy the Florida sunshine.
- Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast: If you’re looking for a charming place to stay, consider booking a room at this historic bed and breakfast. The picturesque location along the Manatee River adds to the appeal.
- Regatta Pointe Marina: Explore the waterfront and dine at the restaurants located within this marina. You can also take a boat tour or simply enjoy the scenic views of the Manatee River.
- Palmetto Estuary Preserve: This preserve offers great opportunities for kayaking and wildlife viewing. Paddle through the mangroves and keep an eye out for local bird species and marine life.
- Riverwalk: Take a scenic walk along the Manatee River and enjoy beautiful sunsets, public art installations, and a peaceful atmosphere. It’s a great place for an evening stroll.
- Gamble Plantation Historic State Park: Just a short drive away in Ellenton, you can visit this historic plantation and mansion. It provides insight into Florida’s history during the Civil War era.
- Manatee County Agricultural Museum: Learn about the agricultural heritage of the region with exhibits showcasing farming equipment, rural life, and the impact of agriculture in Manatee County.
While Palmetto may not be as bustling as some of the larger cities in Florida, it offers a tranquil and historical experience that can be a refreshing change of pace for visitors looking to relax and explore a quieter side of the Gulf Coast.